Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rebel Research

Dear all,
Starting the research for Orestes has opened my eyes, mind and heart so wide. Here are some sites and other things I have found so useful:
www.burmacampaign.org.uk
www.burmavjmovie.com
www.Amnesty.org.uk

Panaroma: What Are We Fighting For? broadcast Monday 17th August, I think it is on BBC I-player. The episode reported on the women of Afghanistan now. 

This months edition of the 'New Statesman'.

Already I cant believe what is being stirred inside me through what I am reading, hearing and seeing. I really can not wait to meet you all again and begin this journey.

Kitty 

1 comment:

  1. Burma VJ is a great documentary, and all the more interesting for the way it was put together.

    Burmas many ethnic groups were not the subject of Burma VJ, but have had the worst of the human rights abuses and have been internally displaced as well as forced into refugee camps in Thailand and India, among other places.
    Everyone I know who has been to Burma or to the refugee camps says that people asked them not to forget them; to tell people about what was going on. I think relates to the idea of wanting to be heard which Emma referred to in relation to the ensemble.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete